Sunday, April 12, 2009

Gotta start somewhere

If you read the "Who am I" section you may have a better clue as to why I started this blog. It will be a work in progress as I figure out what the heck I'm doing, but that's kinda the whole point. I want to be clear that this is all for fun and to hopefully pass along good things I've learned onto others. I don't want to appear to be taking credit for anything that wasn't my true and 100% thought and or idea. I want to give credit where credit is due. I am one of those people that when I want to cook something, I go online, look up the recipe and view about 10 and then decide how I want to do it based on what I have learned from others. I really do that with most things. I do a lot of "tweaking" to make many ideas and thought kinda my own. Here is an example. I follow a blog called Bakerella, personally I can't bake, but I would like to.

Her Easter cupcakes were so stinkin cute, I had to try them. I of course I decided this while I was at the store, without the recipe and had no clue what to buy for them. So I just did the best I could in picking out ingredients. Point is, mine are no way as cute as Bakerellas, but I tried and they were still pretty darned cute. And yummy too. So anyone can do it !!



Now here is my attempt


Notice I picked the special one with jacked up eyes to photograph, but not on purpose.

What I've learned form this baking experience is

#1. Go for the sour straws as Bakerella uses, the Twizzlers got soft and floppy way quick which made them hard to stand up straight.

#2. Make a list before buying stuff for a project like this. Duh !!

#3. I should of let all the family kids help decorate the tops, it would of been fun for them.

0 comments: